For arrival difficulties and cancellations caused by Covid-19, please find below the updated cancelation policy.
In all other cases the cancellation policy of the property is valid.
- On April 13th 2020, the Greek Government intervened in the tourism sector in order to alleviate the negative effects of COVID-19. The new law provides that all advanced payment of bookings cancelled due to COVID-19, shall not be returned but instead a voucher with a validity of 18 months will be issued instead.
- Within this 18 months period, you may use this voucher by making a booking for accommodation services.
- For special cases we can prolong the validity of the voucher as well.
- All partially refundable or non-refundable bookings for the season 2021 can be modified without penalty for future travel throughout season 2021 or 2022.
- The transferred total rental cost will be adjusted according to the prices of the selected period.
INFORMATION FOR ACCOMMODATION GUESTS
ON THE COMPLIANCE WITH THE HEALTH PROTOCOL
IN TAKING MEASURES AGAINST THE CORONAVIRUS COVID-19
Welcome to Amapola Villas
We would like to inform you that our accommodation establishment is fully in line with the special health protocols, on which tourism enterprises rely to take measures against the coronavirus COVID-19, as laid down in the Joint Ministerial Decision no. 1881/29.5.2020 by the Ministries of Finance, Health and Tourism (Greek Government Gazette 2084 Β’/ 29-5-2020).
All members of the accommodation staff have received the necessary training to comply with the health protocols.
The accommodation establishment has obtained the “Health First” certification seal from the Ministry of Tourism, indicating that the operation complies with all health protocols.
In our attempt to adapt to the new circumstances brought by the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, we ask for your understanding and compliance with the measures applied to prevent the COVID-19 coronavirus transmission.
We would like to inform you that the operation bears no liability against any person, relating directly or indirectly to the coronavirus COVID-19, since we comply with the special health protocols and bear the “Health First” certification seal (Article 60 (5) of Law 4688/24-5-2020).
On behalf of the Amapola Management, we wish you a pleasant and safe stay!
- The villas are self-catering and fully equipped, enabling guests to avoid unnecessary public contacts.
- Both villas are fully private, autonomous buildings, with separate entrances, parking spaces and pools. No physical contact with neighbor guests is possible.
- The operation complies with the circular of the Ministry of Health “Protection of Public Health by the coronavirus SARS-COV-2 in the water supply and sewerage systems”.
- All employees of the accommodation establishment apply the basic measures to prevent the COVID-19 coronavirus transmission: hand washing, use of antiseptics, keeping physical distances, avoiding hand contact with the face and generally complying with the personal and respiratory health measures.
- Penelopy Fatourou has been appointed as the coordinator of the accommodation to supervise the implementation of the plan for compliance with the rules of health protocols against the coronavirus COVID-19.
- All specified procedures under the guidelines set by the Hellenic National Public Health Organization (EODY) on the management of any suspected COVID-19 case are fully complied with.
- All members of the accommodation staff use personal protective measures.
- Should a staff member display any symptoms relating to the disease, he/ she stays home and returns to work only if the laboratory test is negative. Moreover, anyone who has had contact with a case stays at home.
- For the purposes of public health protection actions, the accommodation management/ administration keeps a record of staff members and all persons who stayed in the accommodation, that is name, nationality, date of arrival and departure, contact details (address, telephone, e-mail), so it is possible to communicate with the close contacts of any COVID-19 case, which may be identified afterwards.
- Attention is also paid on the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and all customers are informed that a record is kept for public health protection reasons.
- The operation has special equipment (medical kit) for the occurrence of a suspected case, such as gloves and disposable masks, antiseptics, cleaning wipes, aprons, long-sleeved robes and laser thermometer.
- During check-in/ check-out distances are kept while this is also fast and simple.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
- Special cleaning instructions apply in the event of a COVID-19 case according to the respective EODY guidelines.
- The accommodation operates with extended check-in and check-out hours between stays (check-in from 4.00 pm and check-out until 11.00 am). This change in the time intervals between every check-in and check-out is mandatory to ensure that between different guests the villa is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected and adequately ventilated in a natural manner.
- All keys are disinfected before given to guests.
- During work, the staff comply with the basic measures to avoid the transmission of the coronavirus COVID-19; they do not smoke, they do not consume food or drinks and they are equipped with gloves, masks (simple surgical or fabric), robe and closed shoes.
- Due to specifications of the ministry of tourism, the mid-week cleaning during stay is offered only upon request. If guests wish to receive the service and in order to ensure their safety as well as the staff’s minimum risk, the mid-week cleaning/s can only occur at guest’s absence. The hours that guests need to be away from the villa will be minimum 4 morning -noon hours and will be arranged on the spot. In addition, all personal belongings should be stored in order to avoid exposure to contamination. If guests wish to avoid this, we can provide them with the linen needed for their self-service.
- The fabric surfaces, (e.g. upholstery), are cleaned with a steam device at a temperature of > 70° C.
- The staff complies with all hygiene rules when collecting dirty linen by using the appropriate personal protective equipment (special disposable apron, gloves and mask).
- The cleaning products are approved by NPHO Greece.
- Used fabrics and linen are placed in closed bags to be transported to the laundry facilities. They are washed in hot circles with the commonly used detergents and are placed back fully sanitized.
- It is ensured that the clean linen is maintained in a good and clean condition during their storage and transport to the use areas.
- All surfaces and buttons, switches and handles are cleaned thoroughly.
- The equipment in the kitchen is cleaned with sanitizer.
- All remote controls are covered by new transparent membrane or are disinfected.
- The filters of the air-conditioners are cleaned in adherence to the health protocols.
- The house has been aired for at least 6 hours.
- The maintenance of the pool and disinfection through chlorination is carried out by certified professionals.
MANAGEMENT OF SUSPECTED COVID-19 CASE
- If a guest has symptoms compatible with the COVID-19 infection, the following apply:
- The operation health manager contacts EODY IMMEDIATELY at +30 210 5212054 or the special four-digit number 1135 for the medical evaluation of the case.
- If the patient is in urgent need of hospitalization, that is he/ she presents with a severe clinical picture, he/ she is transferred to the local health unit as a suspected COVID-19 case. There must be a provision for transporting the patient (“EKAB” National Emergency Aid Centre, water ambulance, air ambulance) to the nearest health unit that can cope with it.
- If the patient has a mild clinical picture should move on his own to the closest medical center or hospital
- If the case is assessed as possible COVID-19, the operation health manager contacts EODY IMMEDIATELY at +30 210 5212054 or the special four-digit number 1135 (24 hours a day) to report a suspected case and take instructions for dealing with it.
- The patient with a mild clinical picture remains in his/ her room until the results of the laboratory test are announced.
- During the above waiting period, the entrance of staff into the patient’s room is avoided, as long as there is no significant reason.
- The establishment physician and the staff that will enter the room of the suspected or later confirmed case must use high-protection personal protective equipment (masks, goggles, waterproof disposable robes). The same goes for the crew that will take over the cleaning of a COVID-19 patient’s room.
- If confirmed as a COVID-19 case, the patient is transferred to the special quarantine hotel and later to a health facility that will accommodate patients with COVID-19 if the patient needs treatment.
- The patient is transported with a simple surgical mask and private means of transport.
- If there is a companion of the patient (e.g. spouse) who wishes to stay by and take care of the patient, the companion should be given a simple surgical mask and advised to wash his/ her hands every time he/ she comes in contact with secretions of the patient (e.g. saliva) and definitely before the companion touches his/ her face or eats or drinks.
- The patient’s contact details must always be recorded if consent is required for interventions when the patient is not able to communicate.